Healthy Wholemeal Banana Muffins
This entry was posted on 12th January 2016.
If you’re anything like us and crave a sweet snack while on a health kick, then fear not. We’ve found these super simple Healthy Wholemeal Banana Muffins to help you get by.
For many, January is a chance to start fresh, be healthier and get active. If you’re anything like us and crave a sweet snack while on a health kick, then fear not. We’ve found these delicious Healthy Wholemeal Banana Muffins to help you get by.
This recipe uses wholemeal flour and porridge oats as well as healthy ripe bananas and yummy poppy seeds.
Banana cake and bread goes perfectly with Kenyan, Kona or Costa Rica beans and grinds. We paired this with a smooth Americano made from Caffe Prima Costa Rica coffee beans.
How to Make Wholemeal Banana Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Mush together the bananas, dark brown soft sugar, egg, vanilla and oil in a large bowl.
3. Mix the wholemeal flour, oats, poppy seeds, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and bicarbonate soda.
4. Combine the both the flower and banana mixtures and spoon into the muffin cases.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown and the tops spring back when tested.
6. Cool before removing them from the tin.
Recipe source http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/19459/wholemeal-banana-muffins.aspx