Horlicks Crunchy Fish Goujons
This entry was posted on 7th April 2020.
Are you running out of cooking ideas for dinner? This savoury recipe makes a great dinner for all the family while in lockdown!
This recipe is perfect for anyone to pass some time during lockdown. Make delicious goujons to enjoy while in the comfort of your own home.
Crunchy Fish Goujons with Horlicks
YOU WILL NEED:
- 200g skinned cod fillet
- 100g breadcrumb mix
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 50g plain flour
- 50g tartare sauce
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp (15g) Horlicks Light
HOW TO MAKE:
1. To breadcrumb the fish, take three bowls. In one, add 1 tbsp of Horlicks Light and the flour. In the second bowl, add the beaten eggs. In the third bowl, add 1 tbsp of Horlicks Light, the breadcrumb mix and breadcrumbs.
2. Cut the fish into finger size pieces and cover in the flour mix, followed by the beaten eggs and finally coat in the breadcrumbs.
3. Fry in hot oil for 2 minutes until golden brown.
4. Make a Sriracha tartare sauce by adding 1 tbsp Sriracha to your favourite shop bought tartare sauce.
5. Give the fish goujons a generous sprinkle of malt vinegar and season with salt.